Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

andy-lizz

I never received my stimulus packages during the pandemic... I believe my spouse I am separated from received them and possibly forged my name. Not sure what to do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I never received my stimulus packages during the pandemic... I believe my spouse I am separated from received them and possibly forged my name. Not sure what to do?

Call the National Taxpayer Advocate

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-

You could start by directly asking her and also reminding her that forgery is a felony.  It is possible, however, that she did not forge your name.  It is possible that the bank accepted the check for deposit with just her signature alone.  If that is the case, that the bank may be on the hook, as well.  That would depend on whether banks must get both signatures (which I think is the case) or whether one is OK.  I honestly don't know but I think both sigs are needed. The bank where the check was deposited should be able to advise you as to whether both signatures are needed for a check which is made out to two parties.  You would then have a case for forgery - which is actually a big deal, all things considered.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies