camcdevitt60

I need to report a long-term capital gain on line 6 of my 1040, where in the TurboTax tool do I put the amount so it ends up there?

I don't have any forms for this capital gain, it was realized outside the US and they don't do US tax forms.
Mike9241

form 1099-B wks type F - sales proceeds and cost basis not reported to IRS. for the name of reporting institution use whatever you want. 

camcdevitt2

I don't understand what "wks type F" means.  I don't have a 1099 form for this capital gain.  I don't know where in TurboTax you are talking about??? What question do I answer "yes" to in order to get to the right section?

ThomasM125

You can follow these steps to enter an investment sale in TurboTax:

1. Income and expenses
  2. Investment Income
  3. Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
  4. Indicate that you did not get a form 1099-R for the investment sale
  5. Choose the I'll enter a summary for each sales category option
  6. Enter the proceeds, cost basis and holding period of the sale