Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to provide a 1095-A form for the IRS. My father had me on this insurance, even though I have my own. I have no contact with him, to get the info I need. Help!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I need to provide a 1095-A form for the IRS. My father had me on this insurance, even though I have my own. I have no contact with him, to get the info I need. Help!

Include what information you Do have about your parent(s) in your written response to the IRS letter - eg, full names, last known address, your attempts to contact.

Also send a copy of the 1095-B or C for your own insurance and state you would not claim any of the advance premium tax credit on the 1095-A even if you had one to report.  If you got an IRS letter asking for that form then try calling the number on the notice ... a phone call may be all you need to settle it ... if not ask them what they need to close this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies