Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sdujon

I need to know what to put on form 8962 Part IV allocation percentage applied monthly to amounts for e through g if my husband I am separated to took 100% of the premium.

I originally put 0.00 but I received a letter 12C from the IRS stating that I needed to fill out e through g or at least one of them
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

I need to know what to put on form 8962 Part IV allocation percentage applied monthly to amounts for e through g if my husband I am separated to took 100% of the premium.

First, if you receive health insurance coverage through the federal marketplace you are not allowed to file married-filing-separately.  If that was what you did with the tax return for 2023 or 2022 you and your husband will have to go back and file a joint return for the year that you had the form 1095-A for.

If you are filing as single or head-of-household because you lived apart for more than six months at the end of the year then you need to allocate the amounts on form 1095-A between you.  Your husband is not allowed to enter the entire form on his return and you are not allowed to leave it off your return.  If only the two of you are on the return then you would each enter the numbers from the 1095-A but cut them in half.  If there are children on there you need to figure the amoun to put on each tax return by percentage and who is claiming the children.

@sdujon 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies