turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skatedogg132
Returning Member

I need to file injured spouse and Collect 3 Stimulus payments ASAP Can anyone tell me the best and quickest way to get this done?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I need to file injured spouse and Collect 3 Stimulus payments ASAP Can anyone tell me the best and quickest way to get this done?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

There is no fast way to get your money. A couple filing jointly will file the injured spouse form so that one person will not lose their refund due to the debt of the spouse. If you file the injured spouse form, it does not sail through efile like a normal return. It requires attention and must be looked at. This delays your refund by weeks or months. See How do I file Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation?

If you have not received any of your stimulus payments, you could end up having to trace payments. Please see IRS stimulus.

Between your question and the tone, I think you may end up contacting the Taxpayer Advocate Service or going to an IRS office. The TAS might be able to help if you have critical needs. The taxpayer advocate was created to help individuals deal with the IRS. See Taxpayer Advocate | Internal Revenue Service

You can:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies