oronymo

I need to file an extension because I'm waiting on a tax document. Currently my estimate in turbo tax is a $2,500 refund. What should I enter as my "total taxes owed?"

I have almost everything I need, but one of my tax documents is only a "draft"copy and I'm being advised to file an extension. After filling in all the info (including info based on the draft tax document) turbo tax estimates that I'll get a ~$2,500 refund.

When I got to file the extension it asks what my estimate "total taxes owed". What should I enter? -$2,500? 0? Or the some other number from my W2?

PatriciaV

If you expect to receive a refund when you file your return, enter zero as the total tax owed on your extension request.

PatriciaV