Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joemel

I need to enter info for a K-1 that I receive every year and which the Deluxe version of TurboTax has always been adequate to handle. Why won't it work this year?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I need to enter info for a K-1 that I receive every year and which the Deluxe version of TurboTax has always been adequate to handle. Why won't it work this year?

Because it looks like you are using the Online program this year.  If you use the desktop software, you can use Deluxe to enter a K-1.  However, when using the Online software, you need TurboTax Premier in order to enter a K-1.  

joemel

Why is there any difference at all? Deluxe should be Deluxe, no matter the platform, right? If there are material differences - which this certainly is a material difference - then it should be called something else so as to avoid confusion. Now I'm sitting in the position of having paid for the online version that doesn't work for me.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Although you can enter your K-1 into the desktop software, the software does not guide you during the entries of a K-1 unless you have Premier.  So technically you can do it in Deluxe desktop if you are comfortable with tax forms but Premier desktop will provide extra guidance that Deluxe doesn't.  In the Online world, there actually 4 different versions  of the software.  The desktop versions all contain every form available in TT, but the step by step guidance and help is limited based on the version.   <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2942039-what-s-the-difference-between-turbotax-online-and-the-turb...>
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

And if you want to switch back - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901476-how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-the-turbotax-softw...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies