Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to change my name on my w-2. I put my married name but it needs to be my maiden name to match my social security number.

Ive tried to edit the w-2 but it doesn't bring you to this part. Just employment and income.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Xori

I need to change my name on my w-2. I put my married name but it needs to be my maiden name to match my social security number.

Is it your maiden or married name listed on your W2?

Married
Xori

Did you import or enter your W2 information manually?

It imported when it put in the first two boxes
Xori

You should definitely file with the name on your most recent Social Security card. It does happen quite often that the married name is listed on the W-2 form issued by employers. But if the social security number on your W-2 corresponds to your return that you're filing, then you should be fine if names do not match.

However, if you've imported your W-2 and having difficulties editing it, I recommend that you delete it and enter the information manually.

When you go to Wages and Income under the Federal Taxes tab, go to the section to Start/Revisit your W-2 form. You'll be able to delete the W-2 so that you can enter it manually.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies