Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vinidelvechio
Returning Member

I need help with my tax returns ... I am not American and I am getting confused with a few things. Is there any one that can help me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I need help with my tax returns ... I am not American and I am getting confused with a few things. Is there any one that can help me?

Sure.  Ask away.

I'm not a new member, either.  I have used TurboTax 18 times - since 2005

Vini, you okay now?  I'll keep this up for another half hour in case you reply.  

vinidelvechio
Returning Member

Where should I enter the Economic Impact Payment that I received last year?
I got a letter from IRS .... and they are telling that I need to enter this information in my tax returns

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Before you file your tax return, TurboTax will ask you about your Economic Impact payment.   If you received the full amount, you won't get any recovery rebate credit.   When you are asked about the payment, enter the amount you received.   If you want to go directly to those questions in TurboTax, search for stimulus and use the Jump to stimulus link.   Make sure you are inside your tax return before you search.  

Can I file a 1040 (you can use TurboTax) or do I have to file a 1040-NR (you can't use TurboTax)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vinidelvechio
Returning Member

I didn't see it ... I filled everything and I don't recall seeing this message..... can I do something now?

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Just like @DawnC said you should enter 'stimulus' in the search field and then click on the 'jump to' in the search results and it will take you right to the section that you need.

vinidelvechio
Returning Member

it took me to a chart were I need to review 100% of the forms that I am about to submit .... it didn't take me to the place you guys are describing.

anyways, thanks for the help!

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

@vinidelvechio

You can look on your tax return to see if you show a Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of your form 1040. This would represent the amount of the third stimulus payment of $1,400 per taxpayer and qualifying dependent listed on your tax return. If you don't see an amount there and you received your third stimulus check in 2021, then you don't need to do anything further. If there is an amount on line 30 and you received all of your stimulus payment, then you have an issue and we can help you further.

You can view your form 1040 while working in the online version of TurboTax by following these steps:

While working on your return in the Federal section of TurboTax:

1.  Choose the Tax Tools icon on your left menu bar

2.  Tools

3.  View Tax Summary

4.  Choose the Preview my 1040 on your left menu bar

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies