Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

m7239

I made too much money last year and got put into higher tax bracket. Due to this, I now owe ($29) rather then recieving a return. Can I do anything about this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I made too much money last year and got put into higher tax bracket. Due to this, I now owe ($29) rather then recieving a return. Can I do anything about this?

That can be a very tricky situation, to be protected and best answered, I would strongly suggest you contact a licensed tax personnel. You could contact H&R Block and just get their opinion on the matter. They have always been a good source for me to get information. I don't trust the government/IRS, therefor I always make sure I double and triple check everything.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

No, not for this tax season.  Provided your taxes are properly prepared, you will have to pay the $29.  If you have questions about deductions or credits, you can ask them on this forum.

To avoid this circumstance for next year you should prepare a W-4 and give it to your employer.  The W-4 tells the payroll service the guidelines for your withholdings.

Go To:

1. Other tax situations
  2. Scroll to Form W-4 and estimated taxes
  3. Adjust how much tax you pay = Yes
  4. Follow the interview

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
m7239

I still don't understand how this even is. I claim all 0's in case of crap like this. How am I suppose to know they're gonna suddenly take more money. There's no way to anticipate that. 

Suggest you look into opening a Traditional IRA.

And the government needs tax revenue on order to operate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies