dcssr

I made $25,836 from Social Security in 2018 and I have no other income to report. I am using Turbo Tax Free and almost done. I do not know how to proceed to finish?

Are you married?

If Social Security benefits were your only income, you are not required to file a tax return since you will owe no taxes. The only reason to file would be if you had federal tax withheld from your social security which is not common.
KatrinaB

Please view the Turbotax FAQ below to determine if you are required to report your social security income and file a federal return.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing