Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jets806
Level 2

I made 2000 less this year and have both child tax credits. Nothing else has changed but my return is 1000 less than previous years. Nothing has changed. 3 dependents?

My deduction s went down 1000. I've had almost identical refund amounts for past 7 years. I don't owe any money or offsets.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

I made 2000 less this year and have both child tax credits. Nothing else has changed but my return is 1000 less than previous years. Nothing has changed. 3 dependents?

Answered in the comments

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Did one of your children turn 17? Children over 16 do not qualify for the child tax credit; even though they can still be dependents and qualify for the EIC
jets806
Level 2

Yes one of them did turn 17, so I will lose her child tax credit obviously. That would explain it . She works part-time but that shouldn't matter! Thanks for your help
Hal_Al
Level 15

Answered in the comments

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.6m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v