Solved: I'm trying to figure out what I need to mail with my amended federal return as well as where to mail it. Where do I find my "customized filing instructions?"

joeymeyer9290

I'm trying to figure out what I need to mail with my amended federal return as well as where to mail it. Where do I find my "customized filing instructions?"

SherekaB

ddd

Here is where to mail your Amend Federal Return and yes include the 1098-E form along with the return.

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Kansas City, MO 64999

If you are amending state return here are the mailing addresses for mailing in your New York State Form IT-201-X, Amended Resident Income Tax Return:

If enclosing a payment (check or money order):

STATE PROCESSING CENTER

PO BOX 15555

ALBANY NY 12212-5555

If not enclosing a payment:

STATE PROCESSING CENTER

PO BOX 61000

ALBANY NY 12261-0001

Instructions to Form IT-201-X:

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it201xi.pdf 

SherekaB

What State?
joeymeyer9290

The state is New York. I amended to include my form 1098-E. Must that be included with the mailings?
SherekaB

ddd

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Kansas City, MO 64999

STATE PROCESSING CENTER

PO BOX 15555

ALBANY NY 12212-5555

If not enclosing a payment:

STATE PROCESSING CENTER

PO BOX 61000

ALBANY NY 12261-0001

Instructions to Form IT-201-X:

joeymeyer9290

Thank you greatly. For the amended NYS return, that can be e-filed, correct?