Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to enter my spouse's 1095-A info, however there is no option to say it's theirs and not mine. How do I stop TurboTax from using my name and SSN on it?

We file jointly, when I review everything before transmitting to IRS, I notice TurboTax automatically entered my name and SSN and I'm unable to change it. I had health coverage through my employer, so I don't have a 1095-A.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I'm trying to enter my spouse's 1095-A info, however there is no option to say it's theirs and not mine. How do I stop TurboTax from using my name and SSN on it?

This is correct,

When you file jointly and your name appears first on the tax return, all forms including form 8962 will bear your name as the primary taxpayer. This does not affect your tax in any way.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sheffycg

I had same problem.  Using purchased TurboTax Premier

The other posted answer to just let it stay under wrong name bothered me.  Found a fix.

From Step by Step page where you  enter details of the 1095-A (heading "Let's get the info from your 1095-A form")  click on the upper right FORMS icon to bring up the actual form.  It is headed " Health Insurance Marketplace Statement".  On that  I found boxes below the names that let you pick taxpayer or spouse.  When I clicked the Spouse box, name, social and birthday auto filled. 

However, it did NOT automatically fix the Med Wks "Schedule A Medical Worksheet".  I needed to pull up that form and manually type in the spouse portion amount in the detail for line 2b.  Once the spouse amt put in, the taxpayer portion did auto fill to the correct amount.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies