turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm not receiving verification code in my email

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I'm not receiving verification code in my email

If you don't receive an emailed verification code to authenticate your access, you can have the verification code texted to your mobile phone.

But first you need to get in to your account, to make this change. To confirm your account in a different way:

1. When prompted, select Confirm my account in a different way, and select Continue.
  2. Next, follow the prompts to enter information from last year’s return. Be sure to enter the information of the primary taxpayer (this is the first taxpayer listed on last year’s return).
  3. Select Continue.
  4. When prompted, answer the TurboTax-generated security questions. These questions will refer to things that only you should know. If none of the answers apply, select None of the above.
  5. Once you’ve answered all the questions, and when you see the Welcome Back! screen, update your email and mobile phone contact information in your Intuit Account.

To receive your confirmation code via mobile:

1. When prompted, select whether you want to receive the code via text message, select Continue.
  2. Don't close your TurboTax window while you’re waiting for your code. It may take a few minutes to receive your code.
  3. If you choose the text option, enter your received confirmation code in the field labeled Enter 6-digit code. Don't enter your confirmation code in the password field.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies