Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm getting error message "You must fix errors on this page before continuing." but it doesnt tell me what the errors are

(I'm on Deductions & Credits section, entering info for childcare provider)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I'm getting error message "You must fix errors on this page before continuing." but it doesnt tell me what the errors are

Yes, the field that is incomplete should be shaded or have an exclamation point next to it. 

On the screen Let's get some info about your care provider, you have to select one of the following:

• Employer Identification Number (EIN), 
  • Social Security number of Care Provider or 
  • Other. 

Once you have selected one, you have to answer completely the questions that pop up. 

You also have to provide a complete address and answer the question about whether the care provider is a member of your household.

If it all looks right and the message is still there:

1. Select Back in the lower left corner. 
  2. Select Delete to the right of the entry you made, and repeat if there's more than one entry.
  3. Once there are no entries under the gray bar, select Add another Care Provider and try again. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
agam

fwiw I'm getting the same error. Pretty frustrating. Good to know I'm not the only one 🙂

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?  We can't see your return so we do not know how to help you.  IPlease  describe your error.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies