Solved: I'm divorced. I claim my 21 year old daughter. My exhusband paid around 900.00 for my daughters college tuition last fall. Am I suppose to claim this or is he?

I'm divorced. I claim my 21 year old daughter. My exhusband paid around 900.00 for my daughters college tuition last fall. Am I suppose to claim this or is he?

Divorce

If you claim your daughter as a dependent, then you must claim all education expenses and enter her form 1098-T in your tax return, including the tuition that you did not pay.

Your ex-spouse cannot claim any education expenses for your daughter as she is not his dependent.