Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

duckwars

I'm am not behind on child support, but I do owe retroactive. I was informed by my lawyer my taxes would not be held for that. How do I dispute my taxes being held?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

I'm am not behind on child support, but I do owe retroactive. I was informed by my lawyer my taxes would not be held for that. How do I dispute my taxes being held?

Your lawyer is not correct.  If the child support agency has reported the arrears to the IRS they will be offset against your refund.  (And, if you owe retroactive, you are behind in child support.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Your lawyer is not correct.  If the child support agency has reported the arrears to the IRS they will be offset against your refund.  (And, if you owe retroactive, you are behind in child support.)

duckwars

Thanks for your answer. But since you added the parentheses comment let me elaborate. What I meant by not behind is i haven't missed a payment since court nor did I miss a payment from our agreed upon amount that should be paid before we went to court. Thanks again for you quick answer.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies