Solved: I live in Texas where their isn't any state income...

Chezer2

I live in Texas where their isn't any state income tax and the Turbo TAx disc indicates that I need to file a state income tax for and that I need to file a W-2 form for being in the militaryI have tried to inform whoever will listen that Texas doesn't ha

This is the last yeaer for me to use Turbo Tax because the disc is indicating that I need to file a W-2 for military income and file a state tax. I haven't been in the military since 1986 AND I don't live in a state income taxes. CAN ANYONE FROM TURBO TAX HELP ?

BillM223

You understand correctly that there is no state income tax in Texas and that you don't have to file a W-2 that you don't have.

Can you tell us where it tells you that you have to enter a W-2 and add a state?

BillM223

A_Adams12

I live in Texas where there isn't any state income tax.

BillM223

Are you in the military? Is Texas your home of record?

If so, then ignore any suggestion to file a state return. 

"Turbo TAx disc indicates that I need to file a state income tax for and that I need to file a W-2 form for being in the military"

Can you share with us a screenshot showing the message(s) (please redact any personally identifying information)?