Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in Clark County Indiana and pay Louisville KY Metro local tax. I should get a credit but I don't think turbo tax is calculating the proper credit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

I live in Clark County Indiana and pay Louisville KY Metro local tax. I should get a credit but I don't think turbo tax is calculating the proper credit

To get to the relevant section in TurboTax Online: 

1. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  2. On the Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of the State Taxes box, then select StartContinue, Pick up where you left off, or Review/Edit
  3. If you land on a Indiana interview page, select Let's get started, Continue or other similar prompt.  Otherwise, in the left pane, select Prepare State, then proceed through the Indiana screens
  4. Proceed through the state screens until you get to the Your County of Employment screen
  5. For county of employment, select the dropdown and scroll to the end
  6. Select Out Of State - Kentucky
  7. Select Continue
  8. Continue through your Indiana return until you get to the Take a look at Indiana credits and taxes screen
  9. Select Start to the right of Credit for Non-Indiana Local Taxes
  10. Select Yes on the Credit for Non-Indiana Local Taxes? page
  11. Enter your relevant information on the Credit for Non-Indiana Local Taxes screen, then select Continue
  12. You should see any credit you're receiving next to Indiana County Tax on the Take a look at Indiana credits and taxes page that generates
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies