Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I know turbotax doesn't do nonprofits, and I can download the 990-PF from the IRS site, but it's required to be efiled. Is there a way to do this by myself for free?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I know turbotax doesn't do nonprofits, and I can download the 990-PF from the IRS site, but it's required to be efiled. Is there a way to do this by myself for free?

There are a number of do-it-yourself (DIY) services out there for nonprofits (similar to turbo-tax). The one I used for my 990-N was express990.com. It was quick, easy and FREE!. Express990.com also offers a DIY form 990-EZ ($99).

There are many other online DIY services out there:

For more on e-filing your non-profit tax return, visit the IRS website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your quick reply; however, none of the sites you mention will efile the 990-PF.   Express Tax990 will do it, but they want $169!  Yes, I have found the list of IRS approved efilers, but they are all quite pricey. I just want to do it myself....or through a very cheap efile  provider.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies