Ask the Experts about self-employment >> Event happening NOW!
lisasnow17

I keep getting there is missing info on box 14. I do not know why. I filled in the info from my form exactly as my employer marked the form. What is missing?

MaryK1101

Did you include a category for Box 14?  In general, an employer uses Box 14 for any additional information,  TurboTax asks you to select from a drop-down menu for specific tax-related items needed for the return.  If none apply, you can select Other- not on this list.

lisasnow17

I did the drop down for CA-SDI... still get the message that there is missing information.

What is the resolve for this?

MaryK1101

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2020" file that is experiencing this issue.You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number. 
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.  

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@lisasnow17