I just finished filing both my federal and state tax using the Home & Business.. On my credit-card acitivity it states that their is also a "L2G*SERVICE FEE?"

Sounds like you paid your tax bill with a credit card using "Link To Gov".

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Pay-Taxes-by-Credit-or-Debit-Card

There is a 1.87% service fee (as there always is for credit cards, but the merchant usually pays that - in the case of taxes, the government is not allowed to pay the fee - you must). 

It was actually 2.5 percent on my card (more precisely 2.490347%).

It depends on which service you use.

Much to my surprise, I got a $20.24 L2G Service Fee charged for the "luxury" of paying my taxes through Turbo Tax (thanks Turbo Tax). Avoid paying your tax bill using a credit card, it's just another way these lousy corporations are silently ripping off customers.

I was surprised I was charged 2.5% as well, and I think that needs to be more clear with TurboTax when using a card, because that was NOT clear at all. I don't make enough money as it is. This is rediculous.

@brittanykristen - your commenting on a year old post.   This is about a fee that is paid to 3rd party processors that the *government* (IRS) uses, not TurboTax.