franklprater

I just filed today but my state is saying incomplete, why is this?

AshleyRose

Your State tax return most likely says incomplete due to many state forms not yet being available, so you have to wait until they are ready. Also, In order to e-file your State tax return you have to have already e-filed your Federal tax return and have it accepted before it will allow you to e-file your State return. Please see the state forms availability table below to see if all your State tax forms are ready: 

Once your state forms are ready, you have e-filed your Federal tax return and it has been accepted, then you can follow the steps below to file your State return:

1. Select Taxes on the white banner at the top

2. If there is an option to Continue your state return, you can do so, if not, please continue to the steps

2. Under Some Things You Can Do (below your 2016 return statuses), select Amend (change) return

3. Select Amend my return (you aren’t actually amending)

4. Select the File tab (without clicking Continue and beginning the amendment process)

You may want to review the State Taxes section to confirm the return is complete.

AshleyRose