Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

miggle25

I just filed an extension, is there supposed to be a text or email telling me it processed or not?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just filed an extension, is there supposed to be a text or email telling me it processed or not?

did you use the Turbotax Easy Extension or some other app? then you will get an e-mail (in a few hours) saying accepted or rejected. if you mail it you will get nothing. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

There is no notification for an extension.

did you use the Turbotax Easy Extension or some other app? then you will get an e-mail (in a few hours) saying accepted or rejected. if you mail it you will get nothing. 

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

If you used TurboTax Easy Extension online, and submitted it timely then you should receive a confirmation within 48hrs. Most extensions are granted quicker than that.  @miggle25 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
miggle25

Yes, I used the easy extension, thank you

I have the same question. Previously when for extension an email was sent both for filing and for confirmation. This time no email. Has anything changed in easy extension notifications?

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

If the extension was filed electronically you'll get a confirmation from TurboTax within 48 hours.  There is no confirmation provided if you use a paper Form 4868 to request an extension.  

@phb33 

Filed electronically @LeticiaF1. Got a text confirmation but no email (not in spam or junk). Previously the electronic confirmation used to include both email and text.

kw89
Returning Member

Checked turbotax online and found that the extension accepted, but did not get email notificatioins, anyone had some problems?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies