Solved: I imported from Charles Schwab and now they have a correct 1099. Do I just import over the orginal?

I imported from Charles Schwab and now they have a correct 1099. Do I just import over the orginal?

No, do not import "over" the original download.  You need to delete the original Form 1099-B, and then re-import from Schwab.  To do so:

1. Type "Form 1099-b" in the search window and click on Enter
  2. Click on "Jump to Form 1099-b"
  3. On the page with "Here's the investment sales info we have so far", click Delete next to the Schwab 1099- B you want to delete.
  4. Click on "Add More Sales" to reimport the 1099-B.

2. Click on "Jump to Form 1099-b"

I just did this with Charles Schwab.

An easy solution is to

1. Open your existing file 

2. Go to File in the upper left hand corner

3. Scroll down to "remove imported data"

4. A list pops up of all the forms you have imported

5. Click the items you want to correct (remove)

6 Go back to income and dividends and you should be able to log into your Schwab account and re-import the 1099 Corrected from Schwab.

Easy peasy!