turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmk1204

I have two months that I was in Obamacare - and then I had insurance through my company. How do I enter that?

Should I just ignore it -?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM

I have two months that I was in Obamacare - and then I had insurance through my company. How do I enter that?

No, don't ignore it.  You should have received a Form 1095-A for the two months of Obamacare, and you'll need to enter this information into the Health Insurance section of TurboTax.

You also should have received from your employer either a 1095-B or a 1095-C (depending on the size of your employer).  You won't have to enter this information into TurboTax, but keep it for your records.

Click on the Federal Taxes tab in TurboTax Deluxe, then select Health Insurance.  The very first question you'll be asked is Did You Have Health Insurance?  If you had insurance the entire year (whether thru your employer or Obamacare or both) then check that box.  Then continue and follow the prompts.  TurboTax will ask you if you had an Obamacare policy and for which months.  You'll enter all the information from the 1095-A and TurboTax will make any calculations for you.    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies