Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

owens7318

I have to file federal because of self emloyment Do notowe state of Missouri any tax Do I have to file a Missouri return

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

I have to file federal because of self emloyment Do notowe state of Missouri any tax Do I have to file a Missouri return

Yes, you will have to file federal because of your self-employment.  You may or may not have to file a Missouri return.

It  will depend on your income and if you exceed the income limit to file a Missouri return

You will report you self employment on Schedule C Profit or Loss From Business.

With TurboTax open select the Wages & Income tab and select I'll choose what I work on.

Scroll down to Business Items and click on start on the line Business Income and Expenses (Sch C)

Follow the screen prompts to enter your self-employment information.

Missouri Department of Revenue web page  states  "... do not have to file a Missouri return if You are a resident and have less than $1,200 of Missouri adjusted gross income" 

The link below is to the Missouri Department of Revenue and has information you may find useful.

https://dor.mo.gov/faq/personal/indiv.php

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you will have to file federal because of your self-employment.  You may or may not have to file a Missouri return.

It  will depend on your income and if you exceed the income limit to file a Missouri return

You will report you self employment on Schedule C Profit or Loss From Business.

With TurboTax open select the Wages & Income tab and select I'll choose what I work on.

Scroll down to Business Items and click on start on the line Business Income and Expenses (Sch C)

Follow the screen prompts to enter your self-employment information.

Missouri Department of Revenue web page  states  "... do not have to file a Missouri return if You are a resident and have less than $1,200 of Missouri adjusted gross income" 

The link below is to the Missouri Department of Revenue and has information you may find useful.

https://dor.mo.gov/faq/personal/indiv.php

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies