turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

slkinney

I have the 2017 TT premier cd, but have no cd drive. I need to download this on 3 different computers. How do I do it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have the 2017 TT premier cd, but have no cd drive. I need to download this on 3 different computers. How do I do it

Why do you need it on 3 computers? Are you a tax preparer?

Yes, many are disappointed when they purchase a CD (when they don't have a CD drive) expecting a download code to be in the box like other programs these days.  One year TT will get up to speed and provide the code.

This FAQ explains how to handle a situation where you bought a CD, but don't have a CD drive on your computer: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2590568

Another quicker method is to use another computer to copy the *.exe installation file from the CD Rom to a flash/thumb/usb drive, then insert that drive into the first computer and install from the flash/thumb/usb drive. Do not try to run the install file from the removable medium.

grafdl

Maybe we can help each other. I'm looking to purchase 2017 TT premier on cd. If you sell it to me (providing its unused) you can use the funds to purchase a download link (which is readily available).

Please let me know if this suits you. Thanks, David

[email address removed] 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies