Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WTBoy

I have not received the W2 from my employer. I have repeatedly contacted them with no response. They are currently in bankruptcy and there is probably no one there?

I did not receive paycheck stubs.   
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I have not received the W2 from my employer. I have repeatedly contacted them with no response. They are currently in bankruptcy and there is probably no one there?

No, you probably won't get a W-2 from them in this situation, but the IRS has a procedure for this. 

You should contact the IRS to report that your employer is not providing you with your W-2 form. Call them at 1-800-829-1040 or make an appointment at the Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC). Click here to find a TAC near you. 

Next, they will contact your employer and request that they provide you a copy of your W-2 form.

After that, the IRS will send you instructions for filing a substitute W2 on Form 4852. To do that in TurboTax:

1. Select Federal on the left side menu.
  2. Select Wages & Income.
  3. Click Edit or Add to the right of Job (W2).
  4. If you worked for this employer last year, select the W2 entry that rolled over from last year. If you didn't work for them last year, select Add W2.
  5. Enter the EIN for your employer if you have it. If you don't enter 00-0000000, click Continue.
  6. Scroll to the bottom and click Change how I enter my form. 
  7. Select Type it in myself at the bottom of the next page. 
  8. Enter your W2 information as completely as you can.
  9. On the question, Let's check for uncommon situations, select the third choice, Didn't get a W-2 (manually calculate my earnings). The first option will automatically be selected as well.
  10. Select Continue.
  11. Complete the next few screens. 
  12. When you get to Your substitute W-2 is ready to print, be sure to print and/ or save a copy for your records.
  13. Please note you will be able to print and mail in your tax return with a substitute W2 statement, but you won't be able to e-file. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies