Solved: I have gambling winnings and losses for the same amount. I am just a little short on itemizing so they say to go with the standard deduction. But it is showing $0 gamblings winnings on my wages section. It is changing my taxes owed from a refund to a l

I have gambling winnings and losses for the same amount. I am just a little short on itemizing so they say to go with the standard deduction. But it is showing $0 gamblings winnings on my wages section. It is changing my taxes owed from a refund to a l

If you can't itemize, then you've lost the ability to take the losses off your taxes.

Your gambling winnings get reported in full on line 6, Form 1040, which is carried from line 21, Schedule 1

You must pay taxes on the full amount of your winnings.