Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have filed my taxes and now need to file for my Mom. I purchased new TurboTax but wont' let me download. How do I file another return without causing issues?

I have filed my taxes using turbo tax and I need to file for my Mom.  I purchased a new turbo tax and when I download it says I have to delete mine before I can download.  How do I file a return for someone else without causing issues with my current return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have filed my taxes and now need to file for my Mom. I purchased new TurboTax but wont' let me download. How do I file another return without causing issues?

If you already have the TurboTax download on your computer you can actually do up to 5 free e-files on that program.

This is one very nice feature on the download program as you can do multiple returns on the one program you purchased. 

You would just go to your existing program and click on File to start a new return. Then start your mother's return.

Return the program you bought as it is not needed unless you plan on loading it to a different computer as only one TurboTax program can be loaded on each computer. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you already have the TurboTax download on your computer you can actually do up to 5 free e-files on that program.

This is one very nice feature on the download program as you can do multiple returns on the one program you purchased. 

You would just go to your existing program and click on File to start a new return. Then start your mother's return.

Return the program you bought as it is not needed unless you plan on loading it to a different computer as only one TurboTax program can be loaded on each computer. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies