Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have claimned self employment but it will not let me divide my refund into accounts to pay my preparer....why not

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

I have claimned self employment but it will not let me divide my refund into accounts to pay my preparer....why not

While Form 8888 can be used to divide a refund between bank accounts or into the purchase of U.S. Savings Bonds, the accounts must be in the name of the taxpayer named on the return.

Also, TurboTax products are intended to help individual taxpayers and small businesses prepare and file their own tax returns. TurboTax products are not licensed for use by paid tax preparers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

While Form 8888 can be used to divide a refund between bank accounts or into the purchase of U.S. Savings Bonds, the accounts must be in the name of the taxpayer named on the return.

Also, TurboTax products are intended to help individual taxpayers and small businesses prepare and file their own tax returns. TurboTax products are not licensed for use by paid tax preparers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies