Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mlegman

I have both a mac and a pc. I use quicken for pc. Is there any advantage between using the mac or pc versions

I have both a mac and pc.  I use quicken for pc. Is there any advantage to using the mac or pc versions of turbotax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have both a mac and a pc. I use quicken for pc. Is there any advantage between using the mac or pc versions

While its mostly personal preference about what operating system you prefer to run as the programs are designed to be very similar, the PC version of TurboTax does have a "data source" ability that is a bit more advanced than the MAC version.  So, if you have a more complicated return, and you anticipate you might use the Forms mode in the desktop, then the extra ability to better trace the source of data entries can be helpful.  (If you are not aware of this feature - if you right click the data entry cells in the Forms Mode, you can trace where/how the number is being calculated from for some entries).

Also, the TurboTax Business product (for C corps, S corps, Estates, Trusts, Partnerships, Multi-Member LLCs) is only available for Windows.

Of course, this does assume you are referring to the desktop program (CD/Download version) of TurboTax as the online version there would be no differences.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

While its mostly personal preference about what operating system you prefer to run as the programs are designed to be very similar, the PC version of TurboTax does have a "data source" ability that is a bit more advanced than the MAC version.  So, if you have a more complicated return, and you anticipate you might use the Forms mode in the desktop, then the extra ability to better trace the source of data entries can be helpful.  (If you are not aware of this feature - if you right click the data entry cells in the Forms Mode, you can trace where/how the number is being calculated from for some entries).

Also, the TurboTax Business product (for C corps, S corps, Estates, Trusts, Partnerships, Multi-Member LLCs) is only available for Windows.

Of course, this does assume you are referring to the desktop program (CD/Download version) of TurboTax as the online version there would be no differences.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies