Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kimsey

I have a short term rental property in Ohio and am seeking the depreciation schedule used by TurboTax in my 2021 filing to use for my 2022 taxes. How would I get this?

I bought the house for $270k in 2020 and my TurboTax accountant claimed $4,372 of depreciation in my 2021 filing. My new accountant is requesting the depreciation schedule on this house to be in line with how TT submitted in 2021.  Any thoughts on how I would get this?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Oliver6
Expert Alumni

I have a short term rental property in Ohio and am seeking the depreciation schedule used by TurboTax in my 2021 filing to use for my 2022 taxes. How would I get this?

Hello,

To pull up a copy of your 2021 tax return, please follow the steps:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account and continue through your prior-year summary. Make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (user ID) as in prior years
  2. On the next screen, scroll down and select Your tax returns & documents
  3. Select the year you want, then select Download/print return (PDF)

When you have your 2021 return, go ahead and print it out and your accountant should know which of the forms he/she needs to undertand the depreciation schedule. If you want to print out the specific form, then look for form 4562 and all associated worksheets. For reference, please see:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/small-business-taxes/what-is-the-irs-form-4562/L6gi8XwN6

Generally, residential rental depreciation schedule is done in Turbotax as 27.5 year straight line depreciation. 

Best regards!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies