Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nkeuler1

I have a LLC. Income so far 2017 is 7025.00 with expenses of 9600.00 So do I need to pay Quartly taxes. I held some money from 2016 to pay this fee.

It is a farm rent the land and house out.  Putting new siding on the barn 9600.00.  By april15 this year.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I have a LLC. Income so far 2017 is 7025.00 with expenses of 9600.00 So do I need to pay Quartly taxes. I held some money from 2016 to pay this fee.

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

Unless you have sufficient withholding from other income to cover the taxes on the farm rental, you should pay quarterly estimates of taxes.

You can estimate what your 2020 taxes will be using TurboTax, following these steps:

1. Click on Federal TaxesOther Tax Situations.  [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Other Tax Situations]
  2. In  the Other Tax Forms section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes.  
  3. On the Adjust How Much Tax You Pay screen, click the No box.  [This applies to withholding on your paycheck.]
  4. On the Review Your Estimates? screen, click the Review Now box.  
  5. Continue through the screens, entering the requested information on your projected 2020 income.  There will be a column with the 2019 amounts for your reference.  You need to enter an amount for 2020. 
  6. You can enter your potential rental income as "Other Income and Losses." 
  7. TurboTax will display a screen giving Your Estimated Tax Bill for 2020.  
  8. You will then be given the option to apply some of your 2019 refund to next year or to make estimated payments.

The new siding on the barn should be entered as a depreciable asset, not an expense, since it is considered an improvement of the property.

[Edited | 4/15/2020 | 9:49am PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

Unless you have sufficient withholding from other income to cover the taxes on the farm rental, you should pay quarterly estimates of taxes.

You can estimate what your 2020 taxes will be using TurboTax, following these steps:

1. Click on Federal TaxesOther Tax Situations.  [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Other Tax Situations]
  2. In  the Other Tax Forms section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes.  
  3. On the Adjust How Much Tax You Pay screen, click the No box.  [This applies to withholding on your paycheck.]
  4. On the Review Your Estimates? screen, click the Review Now box.  
  5. Continue through the screens, entering the requested information on your projected 2020 income.  There will be a column with the 2019 amounts for your reference.  You need to enter an amount for 2020. 
  6. You can enter your potential rental income as "Other Income and Losses." 
  7. TurboTax will display a screen giving Your Estimated Tax Bill for 2020.  
  8. You will then be given the option to apply some of your 2019 refund to next year or to make estimated payments.

The new siding on the barn should be entered as a depreciable asset, not an expense, since it is considered an improvement of the property.

[Edited | 4/15/2020 | 9:49am PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies