Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jimmac1

I have a 1099-MISC for retiree telephone service. IOf I enter that Turbo tax thinks I have a company or work for a company.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I have a 1099-MISC for retiree telephone service. IOf I enter that Turbo tax thinks I have a company or work for a company.

Go to Wages&Income->Other Common Income->Income from 1099-MISC. (precise terms may vary based on the product)

Enter, and input the 1099-MISC. But be careful that every time you see  question about work or business, just say no. You should be able to enter the 1099-MISC without TurboTax thinking it was for a business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Go to Wages&Income->Other Common Income->Income from 1099-MISC. (precise terms may vary based on the product)

Enter, and input the 1099-MISC. But be careful that every time you see  question about work or business, just say no. You should be able to enter the 1099-MISC without TurboTax thinking it was for a business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jimmac1

BillM223 Thank you very much for your reply. I tried it and now Turbo tax thinks everything is ok.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies