Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have 199A REIT dividends unrelated to my QBI, but TT puts them my QBI summary and says the source is my QBI K-1. There are no 199A dividends on my K-1. Is this right?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have 199A REIT dividends unrelated to my QBI, but TT puts them my QBI summary and says the source is my QBI K-1. There are no 199A dividends on my K-1. Is this right?

From responses to similar questions, it appears that all REIT dividends are QBI. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

If your partnership K-1 had entries in Box 20 and had a code Z, REIT Dividends may have been reported in your supplemental information and part of your QBI deduction. See the screenshot below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, line 20 on the K-1 has a code Z.  The attached supplementary data shows my share of 199A REIT dividends as "$0".  Meanwhile I have a two 1099 DIVs from Vanguard that report in Box 5 Section 199A REIT dividends.  The 1099's from Vanguard have nothing to do with the K-1.  Turbo Tax is picking up the the Box 5 REIT dividends and putting them on the QBI Summary and then to line 28 of Form 8995 - A and then to 1040 line 13.  Do all REIT dividends qualify as QBI?

From responses to similar questions, it appears that all REIT dividends are QBI. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies