jay-ramos23

I hava an account on sure trader. and I am residing in the US. Do I have to report taxes?

ScruffyCurmudgeon

Any taxable gain in the trading of investment securities must be reported for Federal, and often state, Income Tax

Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, Locals 718/30, retired firefighter/medic; univ faculty NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
- Strategy & Quantitative Methods Med-M&M, Law discriminatory statistics, Med & PH - epidemiology statistics;
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------No Not an Intuit Employee - Just donating my time
jay-ramos23

however this is an offshore broker
ScruffyCurmudgeon

It does not matter whether or not you are a citizen of the U.S.!  IRS applies US taxation to all income on US citizens and residents of the USA, residency irrespective, and all world-wide income unless a Tax Treaty applies.
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/tax-policy/treaties/Pages/treaties.aspx
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3
jay-ramos23

I am not a US citizen. So?
ScruffyCurmudgeon

As said before in earlier replies,if you reside in the US you are subject to US taxation whether or not you are a citizen
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3
TaxGuyBill

Unless you were in the US on an exempt visa (such as a Student F-1 visa), you are considered a US Resident if you lived in the US for over 6 months in 2015.  Depending on all of your circumstances, you might still be a US Resident if it was less than 6 months, or if you were in the US on an exempt visa.

As a US Resident, you are required to pay taxes on your Worldwide income.