Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a 1099k for $808. It's from refunds but was not entered as refunds. The info on 1099k says if over $20,000 or 200 transactions. How do I enter it so I am not taxed?

Paypal says they won't provide a corrected 1099K because it was not sent as refunds only stated as refunds in the descriptions and they said the amount changed since it was sent to me to go back to allow more money and transactions without being taxed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I got a 1099k for $808. It's from refunds but was not entered as refunds. The info on 1099k says if over $20,000 or 200 transactions. How do I enter it so I am not taxed?

In TurboTax Online Deluxe, report the IRS form 1099-K as follows:

• Down the left side of the screen, click Federal.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click Wages & Income.
  • Scroll down to Other Common Income.  Click on the down arrow to the right.
  • Click the Start/Revisit button to the right of Form 1099-K.
  • At the screen Did you get a 1099-K? click Yes.
  • At the screen How would you like to enter your 1099-K? click Type it in myself.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Choose which type of income your 1099-K is for, select the button for Hobby income.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Let’s get the info from your 1099-K, enter the information.  Click Continue.
  • Select This amount in box 1a is too high or includes some personal transactions.
  • Enter the full amount of the 1099-K in the box Enter the amount that shouldn't be included.
  • At the screen Your 1099-K summary, notice that the income relates to ‘Hobby’.      Click Done.

The entry will be reported:

• on line 8j of Schedule 1 of the Federal 1040 tax return, and 
  • on line 8 of the Federal 1040 tax return.

Under Tax Tools / Print Center / Print, save or preview this year's return / Include government and TurboTax worksheets, you will find the exclusion noted on the Schedule 1 Line 8 Other Income Statement.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies