Solved: I got a 1099 form from exercising non statutory stock options (paid $1000 for stocks valued at $5100). Box 7 list non employee income of $4100. Where do I report this?

I got a 1099 form from exercising non statutory stock options (paid $1000 for stocks valued at $5100). Box 7 list non employee income of $4100. Where do I report this?

I assume you acquired the NQSO's as an independent contractor given that this was reported on a 1099-MISC (I assume) with Box 7 filled in.

If that's the case then you report the income on line 1 of your Schedule C as "revenue".

Tom Young

Tom Young