Solved: I got a 1099 form from exercising non statutory stock options (paid $1000 for stocks valued at $5100). Box 7 list non employee income of $4100. Where do I report this?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a 1099 form from exercising non statutory stock options (paid $1000 for stocks valued at $5100). Box 7 list non employee income of $4100. Where do I report this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 12

I got a 1099 form from exercising non statutory stock options (paid $1000 for stocks valued at $5100). Box 7 list non employee income of $4100. Where do I report this?

I assume you acquired the NQSO's as an independent contractor given that this was reported on a 1099-MISC (I assume) with Box 7 filled in.

If that's the case then you report the income on line 1 of your Schedule C as "revenue".

Tom Young

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 12

I assume you acquired the NQSO's as an independent contractor given that this was reported on a 1099-MISC (I assume) with Box 7 filled in.

If that's the case then you report the income on line 1 of your Schedule C as "revenue".

Tom Young

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings