lspearman43

I forgot to enter my w2's

IreneS

I forgot to enter my w2's

If you haven't yet filed your return, you can enter your W-2s using these steps:

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Wages & Income  [In TT Self-Employed: Personal > Personal Income > I'll choose what I work on.]
  2. In the Wages and Salaries section, click on the Start/Revisit box.  [See Screenshot #1, below.]
  3. If you have previously entered a W-2, you will see the screen, Here's your W-2 info. 
  4. Click on the Add a W-2 link.  If you are filing jointly, you will see an Add a W-2 link for you and your spouse.  Make sure you click the right one.  (Screenshot #2)
  5. Continue through the interview, entering the information on your additional W-2.

If you've filed your return and it's been rejected, you can add your W-2s and re-efile the return.

If you've filed your return and it's been accepted,  you will need to amend your return to include the income on the W-2s. For information on filing an amended return please see the following  FAQ:

IreneS

I forgot to enter my w2's

Carl

I forgot to enter my w2's

Have you already e-filed your tax return and was it accepted by the IRS?