Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I forgot to enter my 1099 g when we had a newborm my wife and I took time off I have already filed It's been 24 days will my return get rejected? or will I have to amen?

I've already filed my taxes and it is Ben been 24  the where's my return says that it is still being processed.. will they accept it and then I will have to amend it? I am hoping they accept it because if they rejected will it take a very long time to get it all situated?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

I forgot to enter my 1099 g when we had a newborm my wife and I took time off I have already filed It's been 24 days will my return get rejected? or will I have to amen?

4 Replies
DanaB
Expert Alumni

DanaB
Expert Alumni

If "where's my return" says that the return is processing then your return got accepted by the IRS. You can also use TurboTax e-file status lookup tool to check your e-file status.

You will have to file an amended return (1040X) to add the 1099G. But it is best to wait until your refund or payment is processed. The IRS will only accept amended returns via mail.

The 1040X form for 2018 isn’t ready. Please, keep checking the following information on how to amend your return; it will be updated once the 2018 form is released:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

Thanks. I am still curious though . I know it was accepted within the first 24 hours. But does that mean I am getting a refund for sure or does that mean they still have to review it? Where's my return says "still being processed a date will be available soon" does that mean I will get a refund for sure or that they still have to look it over? Thanks
DanaB
Expert Alumni

During the review process, they look for errors on your return and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. If they need to make any corrections, they may reduce your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund. Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies