mmblackopsboyy1

I filed myself as independent on my taxes and my parents who I haven’t lived with for almost a year and who do not financially support me claimed me as dependent on their taxes. What do I do from

Anonymous
Not applicable

the residency test is - did you reside with them for more than 1/2 of 2019?  if not they fail the residency test for them to claim you.  there's nothing you can do but claim yourself and paper file.  eventually both parties will get a request to amend and if your parents don't. then the IRS will next seen out a notice to each party asking for proof they are the ones entitled to claim you. 

they would also fail the support test, if you provide more than 1/2 your own  support for 2019

Anonymous
Not applicable