Solved: I filed as head of household but still legally married but didn’t live in same house as Spouse for 6 months. When he files his taxes, will he need to file as single?

carakirks

I filed as head of household but still legally married but didn’t live in same house as Spouse for 6 months. When he files his taxes, will he need to file as single?

I recently filed married, head of household. We are still legally married but didn’t live together the last 6 months of the tax year. I have qualifying dependents and maintained the bills in the household. When my spouse filed his return, will he need to file as single? 

Your spouse files as married filing separately (unless your spouse also qualifies as HOH because at least one of your children lived with him instead of you).