Solved: I filed a schedule C last yr, which was the last year I was self employed.I am still getting commission income this yr, but no expenses. Do I need to file one this year?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed a schedule C last yr, which was the last year I was self employed.I am still getting commission income this yr, but no expenses. Do I need to file one this year?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I filed a schedule C last yr, which was the last year I was self employed.I am still getting commission income this yr, but no expenses. Do I need to file one this year?

Yes you do. Especially if it's reported to  you on a 1099-MISC in box 3 or 7. So as far as the IRS is concerned, you are still "in business". If it's reported on 1099-MISC in another box, let us know which box.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

Yes you do. Especially if it's reported to  you on a 1099-MISC in box 3 or 7. So as far as the IRS is concerned, you are still "in business". If it's reported on 1099-MISC in another box, let us know which box.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings