turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed 2023 taxes with turbo tax but it doesn't show any documents or even a hint that I've ever used them on my account page. What's going on?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I filed 2023 taxes with turbo tax but it doesn't show any documents or even a hint that I've ever used them on my account page. What's going on?

@nicksimpson7  wrote:  "I filed 2023 taxes with turbo tax but it doesn't show any documents or even a hint that I've ever used them on my account page. What's going on?"

"I filed 2023 taxes...."

Just to clarify something first to be sure we're talking about the correct tax year.   By "2023 taxes" are you referring to a current 2023 tax return that people are now filing?   Or are you referring to a 2022 return that you prepared and filed last year in calendar year 2023?

And how did you prepare the return--in Online TurboTax or in desktop software?   Any returns prepared in desktop software will not be present in an Online account.

If you're referring to a current 2023 return you've recently prepared, and if there's no evidence of it at the Tax Home, then it sounds like you have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.   We can tell you how to look for multiple accounts once we understand your situation.

On the other hand, if you're referring to a 2022 online return, there are a couple of possibilities.   If you sign in and only have Tax Home and Documents in the left menu column, you may or may not be the right account.  It's possible it's the right account, and if you have not yet started a 2023 return in that account, then you have not proceeded far enough into the interview process to get to the right place to access your prior returns.   You do not get it through the "Documents" tab.  It's another process after you answer a few preliminary questions in the interview.

We can explain it more when we know exactly what tax year you are searching for, and how you prepared the return--online or desktop.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Make sure you are accessing the same TurboTax Online account you used to prepare and file the return.   How many TurboTax accounts do I have?

When you are signed in to the correct account, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to Your Tax Returns and Document section.   Expand it, and click on the previous year to view or print the return.   In the screenshot below, we are accessing the 2019 return.  

If you used the desktop program, all of your returns are saved to your computer.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies