Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't meet the minimum qualifications to recieve a 1099-K for Square electronic transactions, how should i categorize the income i did receive through this method?

the minimum requirements were to make over 20,000 in gross sales AND have over 200 transactions. i dont meet the requirement, so did not recieve a 1099-K. I still need to report the income but im not sure where to report it or how to catagorize it. does it just fall under the "other self imployed income" option? and should i describe it as cash or electronic where it asks for you to categorize it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I don't meet the minimum qualifications to recieve a 1099-K for Square electronic transactions, how should i categorize the income i did receive through this method?

If the income was for products sold or services rendered to customers or clients, it would be considered self-employment income. If so, you would need to set up a business entry in TurboTax to report the income and associated expenses. You should enter the payments you received as General Income, Business income not reported on other forms:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies