Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I do not have my agi number for my tax return last years because my ex filed us joint without my knoledge so I had to mail in my return , how long will this take?

I don’t have contact with the person, so cannot get the agi # that way so when I did my taxes online it said problem and to mail the return in I did that on march 6 , how long will it take to get a return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I do not have my agi number for my tax return last years because my ex filed us joint without my knoledge so I had to mail in my return , how long will this take?

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax is no longer involved in processing.  

All refund inquiries should be made to the IRS.  Where Is My Refund 

There could be a few reasons why you might be experiencing a delay;

1. First, the status might be pending for security reasons. This may be a sign that someone is trying to use your identity to file a tax return. The return has been placed on hold to allow you to cancel it if it doesn't belong to you. This can take up to 72 hours, after which your return will then be forwarded to the IRS, or if applicable, rejected. If rejected, you can then correct the rejection issue and resubmit. Please see this FAQ for reference.

2. The Path Act

The PATH Act stipulates that the IRS must withhold refunds for filers who claim these tax credits until February 15. So if you file before February 15, you're owed a tax refund and you're claiming either the ACTC or EITC, your entire refund will be withheld until at least the February 15 deadline.

Note: These instances may be applicable. That is, you could have a hold for security reasons first. And additionally for verification of the refundable credits in your return. In this case, delays might extend beyond 72 hours.

Show Less

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies