Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deniyull

I didn't work in 2020, but was on unemployment. My withheld is greater than the sum income (minus the 10,200 not taxed for unemployment). Do I still file this year?

My withheld amount is greater than the sum income of the year (minus the 10,200 not taxed for unemployment). Do I need to file my taxes? I'm unsure how to proceed
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I didn't work in 2020, but was on unemployment. My withheld is greater than the sum income (minus the 10,200 not taxed for unemployment). Do I still file this year?

Yes, you should file a tax return.

deniyull

Don't think you understand - Turbotax is not letting me file my return because of said error. The withheld amount is not supposed to be greater than the income, but due to the first 10,200 not being taxed, it is greater than the income amount. It says I cannot file the return.

ee-ea
Level 15

I did misunderstand. You will  have to file on paper.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies